There was just so much I had to cover in reviewing Mass Effect that I resisted geeking out on every single thing I liked. So here’s a list of other parts of Mass Effect I liked in no particular order.
1. Marina Sirtis as Matriarch Benezia! Marina effing Sirtis! Okay, so she still sounded like Troi, but it was still awesome.
2. Driving the Mako was more fun that I’d like to admit.
3. I kind of regretted playing an engineer because the biotic abilities look like a lot of fun.
4. The music that played aboard the SSV Normandy was just incredible.
5. The weird montages that played when the Prothean beacon transmitted stuff into Shepard’s mind were really kind of disturbing.
6. I wanted to see a Prothean.
7. I couldn’t stop thinking of Kaidan Alenko as Carth Onasi from KOTOR once I figured out the same voice actor did both.
8. I used the rocket launcher thing maybe about 10 times.
So there are some random things I liked or that occured to me while playing. List some of your own, if you like.